Sierra Club is a volunteer run organization. Without the help of many passionate and dedicated people we would not be able to serve our local communities to coninue change towards becoming more sustainable. There are many ways you can get involved.
1. Become the Loma Prieta Chapter Intern and work with professionals to expand your skills! We have five positions open which are perfect opportunities for those who are intrested in urban planning or community organizing. Check out the article in our Loma Prietan newsletter: "Chapter Interns Give a Lot, Get a Lot" by Nafeesa Ahmed
- Summer 2013 Community Outreach and Advocacy Intern
- Summer 2013 Communications and Social Media Intern
- Summer 2013 Sustainable Land Use Intern
- Summer 2013 Conservation Programs Intern
- Summer 2013 Recycling and Zero Waste Intern
- Summer 2013 Fundraising and Special Event Intern
3. Become a member of your local Cool Cities Team and meet other residents who care about environmental sustainability in your city. Our Cool Cities teams are the leading community groups that collaborate closely with the Chapter and local govenments on climate changing solutions. Teams work on a variety of issues, from advocating for zero waste, sustainable land use, to home energy upgrade
4. Donate: Want to support our Cool Cities campaign? Donations will allow us to host community outreach events, print flyers, pay for staff time, etc. Please make your check payable to "Sierra Club - Loma Prieta Chapter," note "Cool Cities," and mail to: Sierra Club - Loma Prieta Chapter (3921 East Bayshore Road, Suite 204 - Palo Alto, CA 94303). Thank you!