Welcome to the Sierra Club Loma Prieta Chapter's
Water Committee Webpage!
To promote water quality, water conservation, and the protection of natural ecosystems throughout the watershed.
Intersted in getting involved?
Come to our Regular Meetings!
Every 3rd Thursday of the Month
Sierra Club Office - 3921 East Bayshore Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303
Contact Katja Irvin for More Information on Upcoming Events!
The Water Committee advocates for strong local and regional policies that protect ecosystems and support sustainable use of water resources.
Below is a list of our 2014 Focus Items:
- Education and Advocacy for the Coyote Creek Watershed Master Plan
- Partnership on Drought & Water Conservation with the Santa Clara Valley Water District
- Fluoride Awareness & Outreach throughout the Chapter
- Fracking in Santa Clara County (potential County moratorium or oridance)
- Project Reviews for Riparian Corridor Policies, Coastal Projects, and Water Supply
All are welcome to participate! If you would like to join our advocacy efforts, contact Committee Chair, Katja (katja.irvin
2014 Comment Letters
2013 Comment Letters
- 12.12.13_Environmental Review for Fluoridation Project atSanta Clara Valley Water District Water Treatment Plants
UPDATE FOR COYOTE CREEK CLEAN-UP
Changed meeting location:
Park in the parking lot behind McDonalds/Rite Aid on Capitol Expressway west of McLaughlin then walk a block west to assemble on the Coyote Creek Trail under the Capitol Expressway bridge
Coyote Creek north and south of Capitol Expressway