THE LOMA PRIETA WATER COMMITTEE
To promote water quality, water conservation, and the protection of natural ecosystems throughout the watershed.
INTERESTED IN GETTING INVOLVED?
Come to our Regular Meetings!
Every 3rd Thursday of the Month
Sierra Club Office - 3921 East Bayshore Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303
Contact Katja Irvin for More Information on Upcoming Events!
The Water Committee advocates for strong local and regional policies that protect ecosystems and support sustainable use of water resources.
Below is a list of our 2014 Focus Items:
- Education and Advocacy for the Coyote Creek Watershed Master Plan
- Partnership on Drought & Water Conservation with the Santa Clara Valley Water District
- Fluoride Awareness & Outreach throughout the Chapter
- Fracking in Santa Clara County (potential County moratorium or ordinance)
- Project Reviews for Riparian Corridor Policies, Coastal Projects, and Water Supply
All are welcome to participate! If you would like to join our advocacy efforts, contact Committee Chair, Katja (katja.irvin
See below formore details
Saturday, December 6, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (PST)
San Jose, CA
We are working at Yerba Buena again, where we collected nearly 5 tons of trash already. Please join us at this event at Coyote Creek to help us beautify our creek for all and for healthy fish and wildlife by cleaning up litter and trash to make the creek clean and beautiful.
2014 Comment Letters
2013 Comment Letters
- 12.12.13_Environmental Review for Fluoridation Project atSanta Clara Valley Water District Water Treatment Plants