Welcome to the Sierra Club Loma Prieta Chapter's
Water Committee Webpage!
To promote water quality, water conservation, and the protection of natural ecosystems throughout the watershed.
Intersted in getting involved?
Come to our Regular Meetings!
Every 3rd Thursday of the Month
Sierra Club Office - 3921 East Bayshore Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303
Contact Katja Irvin for More Information on Upcoming Events!
The Water Committee advocates for strong local and regional policies that protect ecosystems and support sustainable use of water resources.
Below is a list of our 2014 Focus Items:
- Education and Advoacy for the Coyote Creek Watershed Master Plan
- Partnership on Drought & Water Conservation with the Santa Clara Valley Water District
- Fluoride Awareness & Outreach throughout the Chapter
- Fracking in Santa Clara County (potential County moratorium or oridance)
- Project Reviews for Riparian Corridor Policies, Coastal Projects, and Water Supply
Published Comment Letters
All are welcome to participate! If you would like to join our advocacy efforts, contact Committee Chair, Katja (katja.irvin